Friday, November 28, 2008

Almost done!

I am going to the library on Monday and reading five novels consecutively without stopping. But first I have to write these last 4000+ words. It's nothing really, but I find myself a little reluctant to finish. I won't really be finished, of course, but I will definitely stop, at least until those other-people's-lovely-far-superior-novels from the library are finished. So, maybe I want to cling to these frustrating, but disciplined days of forced writing, by dragging it out to the very end. Somewhere not so deep in my subconscious, I want someone to make me write . . . and that person should be me. Oh, so not profound.

A funny find-and-replace story for a small audience: I realized I had two characters, one named Pat and the other named Patricia who interacted for one scene. One character (Pat) was really only in that scene, while Patricia was in several scenes, so I decided to change Pat's name to Kim (although, IRL, of course people with the same name often interact, I didn't want to confuse myself with too much realism). I typed in replace "Pat" with "Kim." Word made 37 or so replacements, which seemed a little high, but it was 11:30 and I didn't think much of it.

The next day, paging through my story, I came across a sentence where one character Kimted another character's hand. Later a group was sitting on a Kimio. And another character ran out of Kimience. I wonder what else I will find. I should probably run the old spell check, no?

Here's to the end!

No comments: